Thursday, January 19, 2006

A day in Downtown, Manila…

I spent a day in Manila to check out the things-to-prepare for my upcoming ting-hun (Chinese Engagement). I also got myself a copy of the book entitled,

My Little KanChiu Book,

which is a big eye opener on how much work it would entail to prepare for this one day engagement. This little book surprisingly is an easy read and is a BIG help with helpful hints on making it as hassle-free as possible.

I go through the http://www.weddingsatwork.com site regularly, way back when my closest friend started preparing for her wedding last 2004. I sure enjoyed the site but did not join any discussion groups and all that because I was just an onlooker then. Now, it’s a different story… I joined the newsletter and end up getting lots of helpful hints on different topics and possible hassles on this supplier just on my FIRST day as a member! I decided to start my wedding blog that day to store all the information that may be helpful to me in the near future.

Now, back to my day in Ongpin, Manila…
Actually, it was not just Ongpin that I went to but I just refer to the whole place as Ongpin maybe for the reason that I am confused with all those streets there. Hehe! Well, I went to the area near Tabora (I guess this is still manila part but not Ongpin…right!?) and went inside all those endless maze of tiangges that sells wedding related items to even gowns and barongs! Pretty affordable… very affordable! You can get a dress at a little over thousand bucks. I got myself a nice organza for my loot bags, I am so excited! I can finally say that I am having a progress… ;)

No comments: